Monday 7 May 2012

Thing 1

cpd23 logoI decided to take part in this course primarily because I graduated from university last July with a shiny new degree and high hopes that my role as an academic librarian would provide plenty of opportunities for continuing professional development. Unfortunately nearly a year later I don’t feel that those hopes have been realized (and the degree isn't quite so shiny).

Therefore rather than waiting for someone else to come up with opportunities for skills development I decided that it was high time that I put my librarian skills to good use and so started looking for myself. This was when I came across the cpd23.course.

Despite feeling a bit nervous about some of the "things" (and a complete newbie to blogging)  I am always up for a challenge and hopeful that this course will provide me with opportunities to develop existing skills as well as acquire some new ones.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to cpd23! It's interesting what you say about hunting down areas for cpd yourself, I think this does seem like it's going to be a trend for everyone - especially with employers cutting costs and maybe not able to fund courses/conferences anymore, it's up to us to seek out ways of continuing our development wherever they can be found.

    ReplyDelete