Tuesday 22 May 2012

Thing 3

"Consider your personal brand" brand" Jo's posting read for Thing 3 and to be fair she did warn that it might take some time to achieve.
How right she was!

It's been over a week later since I started this Thing and I am still not sure that I have got the presentation right in terms of font size, colour scheme etc. for all my different presences.

One thing I found particularly difficult when designing my "brand" was finding suitable images, whilst managing to avoid the copyright pitfalls. In the end, as I don't have any artistic talent at all, I nagged my husband to draw my "bear with a book" and background images for me.

Regarding the "Googling" activity I tried using my name and "library" which as well as the expected links to Facebook and Twitter did throw up a couple of surprises. One being a document about an MLA-sponsored Sills for Life project that I worked on years ago and had thought was long gone (I even downloaded a copy to keep, how sad is that!)

When reflecting on the idea of a personal brand I have to confess that although I think a lot about how I present myself to others in terms of face-to-face, telephone and email encounters I hadn't really thought about having an online presence until now. This is something that I feel will require further consideration, especially in terms of maintaining consistency across different online platforms as Jo advised.



No comments:

Post a Comment