Sunday 17 June 2012

Thing 6


Spider Web by Ransras on Flickr
Spider Web by Randradas in Flickr (available
for use under the Creative Commons Licence).
I found it took longer to finish  this Thing than expected as I got completely sidetracked by the really cool videos  on http://commoncraft.com/.

This time I only needed to set up an account on LinkedIn as I already have active accounts on Facebook and LISNPN (which I set up when doing "Thing 3"). I find that I use my Facebook account to keep in touch with family and friends who live away although I have to confess that I tend to lurk more that I post!


Since the concept of branding is still very fresh in my mind I have decided to continue to use the Facebook account for social interactions and as a part of my personal online presence. Whereas I plan to use my new LinkedIn and LISNPN accounts to promote my professional online presence. Which means that on reflection that I probably do agree with Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) that "Facebook is the backyard BBQ; LinkedIn is the office".


Finally regarding the Cilip communities, despite already having an active username and password (I used this site a lot to search for journal articles when studying) I still found it a bit cumbersome to navigate. However I am still convinced that there is some good stuff to discover and so feel that I might return to explore this online network in a bit more detail during catch-up week.

No comments:

Post a Comment