Saturday 23 June 2012

Thing 8


Image of knotted erd rope.
Confused Rope by Turbo.Beagle
on Flickr  (available for use under
 the Creative Commons Licence).

This latest Thing is all about Google Calendar and finally I have come to something that I not only know about but can honestly say that I use every day!

Google calendar saved my sanity in that my husband  (the complete star that he is in all other ways) is utterly hopeless when it comes to organising his life! 

After the failure of numerous paper diaries and PDA devices to keep him organised over the years (he never had the thing with him when needing to write down/check appointments) I had almost given up hope when quite by chance my husband decided to buy an android phone.

However the real “light bulb moment” came when I discovered that Google Calendar would work with android technology and since my husband’s new phone package included free internet access he now always had the phone with him. Simples!

So now rather than having to nag him repeatedly about forthcoming events all I have to do is add them to the appropriate calendar (we both have Google Calendars) and because I have shared access to both calendars they are always in sync and can be accessed from any pc or mobile device. Result!

Now all I have to do is to find a way to convince my line manager that we need to connect the LMS calendar to a Google Calendar…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment