Sunday 8 July 2012

Thing 9

Evernote elephant logo
Evernote
Crikey!  This Evernote “Thing“ sure did put up a bit of a fight. It has taken me over two weeks  to finally get the software to work properly on both my tablet and PC (good job there was a catch-up week).

The elephant gets a bit of a black mark from me  in terms of accessibility as it seems that Evernote has real problems with any screen resolution lower than 1024 x 768 pixels.  (Bcause of my eyesght I need to have my PC set to 800 v 600 pixels). This restriction caused me a lot of frustration during the set-up process as not all of the options were always visible. In the end I had to increase the resolution in order to complete the set-up process and then reset it back to my normal setting.

However now that I have not only managed to set up the software on all my devices but to also get Evernote to sync I am completely hooked!

For example In preparation for embarking on a master’s course I had started to research various topics and download bits of information but was finding it difficult to cross-reference the files between the different topics as well as remember on which device they were located (I ended up using a USB Flash drive). Evernote is proving to be really useful in both respects as it combines complete accessibility from any device with the ability to use bespoke tags to organise the information by topic. Fanatsic!

No comments:

Post a Comment