Monday 23 July 2012

Return to Earlier Things

This week I have been refeclting on Thing 6  Online Networks and Thing 7: Real-life Networks and how over time the two can overlap.

Photograph of salt shakers in the abstract form of hugging people
Hugging Salt Shakers by HarlanH on Flickr
 (available for use under the Creative
Commons Liecence)
Last week I attended my first Yorkshire & Humber Region Heritage Users Group (Y&H HUG) meeting which was hsted by the College of Building in Leeds. Up until this point my networking with other users of ISOxford's Heritage Library Management System had been only via the online support forum so it was really intersting to put faces to names.

I found the meeting (and the informal lunch aftwerwards) extremely interesting and came away with several tips and suggestions on how our system could be improved. 

Unfortunately the Y&H HUG only meet a couple of times during the year but at least attend this latest meeting has given me the opportunity to broaden my network of contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment