Wednesday 22 August 2012

Thing 15

Close-up image of pebbles with the sea in the background
Aberystywth beach by izzie_whizzie on Flickr
 (available for use  under the Creative Commons
Licence).
Sadly I don’t feel that I have much to contribute to this “Thing” about attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events.

All my experiences of attending conferences to date have been limited to a few locally-organised mash-ups and the Librarycamp un-conference, held in Leeds back in May.

When reflecting on the Librarycamp event I felt that the informality worked really well, especially when we adjourned to the local park for the afternoon sessions, although as a newbie it did seem a bit chaotic at the start when everyone was pitching their ideas.

I think that it would be really interesting to attend one of the big conferences such as CILIP’s Umbrella 2013 Conference & Exhibition due to take place at the University of in Manchester next July. However I think that I would like to just be a delegate as I am not sure that I am brave enough yet to put myself forward as a speaker!

Still in the spirit of “Carpe Diem” I can at least send off the registration of interest form for Umbrella 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment